ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > [SHARE] Your favorite english/american Literature
Total Views: 769 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 1 of 2 |  1 2 > 

0RANGGILA - 15/04/2011 12:50 PM
[SHARE] Your favorite author of english/american Literature
Hi All Juragan,

I am new to this forum. It would be nice to discuss with you all.

In this occasional, would you all to share such who your favorite english/ american literature, where did he/she born, and what was he/she wrote etc ?

I personally do not know who am I going to choose for it, therefore, please freely share it.

Regards,
0RANGGILA
Evangeline - 16/04/2011 03:39 AM

Edgar Allan Poe

[SHARE] Your favorite english/american Literature

why? cuz he's just simply a lunatic writer whose writings can make you shiver with the dark atmosphere he built. My fave story of his is a short story called The Tell Tale Heart...

ps: he's also said to be the first writer who wrote detective stories.
Ambrosiana - 17/04/2011 07:36 PM

Can Erich Segall's novel grouped as American Literature? I love his Novels much...
If it cannot, I will choose Robert Frost, the Scottish poet...
Evangeline - 19/04/2011 02:13 AM

^ why not?

but... where's TS anyways??? hammer:
Ambrosiana - 19/04/2011 08:12 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Evangeline
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]^ why not?

but... where's TS anyways??? hammer:

Huffh, you're right Eve... It's been two days and the TS hasn't give response yet...
[SHARE] Your favorite english/american Literature[/color]
0RANGGILA - 20/04/2011 11:58 AM

Quote:
Edgar Allan Poe

why? cuz he's just simply a lunatic writer whose writings can make you shiver with the dark atmosphere he built. My fave story of his is a short story called The Tell Tale Heart...

ps: he's also said to be the first writer who wrote detective stories.

Hi Evangeline,
you must have been impressed with this author's opus at past, but do you know others whom may could more burnt into especially in literature?

Regards,
0RANGGILA

Quote:
Original Posted By Ambrosiana
Can Erich Segall's novel grouped as American Literature? I love his Novels much...
If it cannot, I will choose Robert Frost, the Scottish poet...

Hi Ambrosiana,
I may say you might a hard reader of his books (Robert Frost), but no matter you would choose is up to you.
One thing that i would to know is how could you have several authors in almost same reading period of times such now on?

Regards,
0RANGGILA
Evangeline - 20/04/2011 06:51 PM

^ dude, I really don't know what you're talking about? matabelo:

honestly... I don't understand... I've been reading your sentences like three times by now hammer:

pls write with a more down to earth English in which we can all understand hammer:
edvil - 23/04/2011 10:46 PM

@TS: from few i've known, i love emily dickinson best i guess hehe...

@Eve: Poe right? his novels or his poems?

@Ambro: Frost's line "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice" is what i like most from him

is there anyone here who has read Paulo Coelho's works? or Jostein Gaarder?
would like to ask for opinions related to few silly things hehe... D
Ambrosiana - 23/04/2011 11:12 PM

Quote:
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]^ dude, I really don't know what you're talking about? matabelo:

honestly... I don't understand... I've been reading your sentences like three times by now hammer:

pls write with a more down to earth English in which we can all understand hammer:

Firstly I thought that this sentence:
Quote:

Regards,
ORANGGILA

only used on his article... I was surprised it's continued when he gave comment. [SHARE] Your favorite english/american Literature
It might be kind of his style...
Quote:
Original Posted By edvil

@Ambro: Frost's line "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice" is what i like most from him

Waw, I never see you before Edvil. You got great taste. Honestly, I often confused reading Coelho (eg, The Alchemist?)... But I like Gaarder... It's good introduction to philosophy...[/COLOR]
Evangeline - 24/04/2011 03:16 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By edvil

all of his works ^^ from novels to short stories and poetries D

read Sophie's World a looooonnggg time ago for my philosophy class in uni... hammer: but that's the only work of his I read...

if you wanna ask more bout those, I suggest you ask my boyfriend, Rayculz. shouldn't be hard to find him either... just go to forum music or movie and, well, he's one of the mods there.

Quote:
[COLOR="Blue"]
Firstly I thought that this sentence:

only used on his article... I was surprised it's continued when he gave comment. [SHARE] Your favorite english/american Literature
It might be kind of his style...

bad ambrose laughing at people's style like that eek:

although... I think that TS is a bit peculiar especially because I honestly don't understand about what he had said earlier ngakak
[/COLOR]
0RANGGILA - 26/04/2011 05:07 PM

come on gans (=para juragan)...
would you please to understand how poetical we should use in every words here..
Even I am just a fans of mark twain..
tirramizu - 27/04/2011 09:18 AM

Nicholas Sparks is awesome.kiss

he wrote such fabulous novels, romantic novels actually, and lots of his novel had been taken into a movie, such as : the Notebook, Dear John, a Walk to Remember, Night in Rodante, Last Song....

ps: so sorry if I have poor English... malus
jchristie - 27/04/2011 06:34 PM

hmmm....it's challenging to name one so, here's my list of favorite writings:

D.H. Lawrence - Lady Chatterly's Lover
I think this novel is banned/ have its publicity limited. A LADY had an affair with her gardener in that era, wow!!!!

Charles Dickens - A Christmas Carrol - no further explanation, classic!

Ernest Hemingway - The Old Man and The Sea
Another classic.....and the author committed suicide, now that's dark!

F. Scott Fitzgerald -The Great Gatsby
Best described America in the 20's - party, party, party....!

Mark Twain -The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
It's a thick novel but it pays....and you can learn unique form of English...

Sophocles - Oedipus Rex
a play that defines tragedy, in this case, a Greek tragedy

Edgar Allan Poe - The Cask of Amontillado
buried the one who insulted you, ALIVE - that's a revenge and totally dark!

I think I'll stop for now.....
sista30 - 28/04/2011 04:02 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By 0RANGGILA
Hi All Juragan,

In this occasional, would you all to share such who your favorite english/ american literature, where did he/she born, and what was he/she wrote etc ?

I personally do not know who am I going to choose for it, therefore, please freely share it.

Regards,
0RANGGILA

My favourite authors:

1. Ken Follet. Ken Follett (born 5 June 1949) is a Welsh author of thrillers and historical novels (quoted from wikipedia). I love all of his works. You could drown in the intensity of the story. LOVE IT!
2. Sidney Sheldon. Sidney Sheldon (February 11, 1917 – January 30, 2007) was an Academy Award-winning American writer. (Yg nulis Charlie's Angels).
3. Enid Blyton. Enid Mary Blyton (11 August 1897 – 28 November 1968) was an English children's writer also known as Mary Pollock. She was one of the most successful children's storytellers of the twentieth century. I love The Famouse Five (we know it as Lima Sekawan).
4. J.K Rowling. Who doesn't??
5.Lewis Carol. Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (pronounced /ˈdɒdsən/, DOD-sən; 27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898), better known by the pseudonym Lewis Carroll (/ˈkærəl/, KA-rəl), was an English author, mathematician, logician, Anglican deacon and photographer. Who doesn't know Alice in Wonderland?
6. Charlotte Brontë (21 April 1816 – 31 March 1855) was an English novelist and poet, the eldest of the three Brontë sisters, whose novels are English literature standards. My most favourite book from her is Jane Eyre.
Yang lainnya: LUPA.
p1nk3d_books - 29/04/2011 04:04 PM

I don't read much Eng/American Literature so can't say much, I don't understand them quickly anyway hammer: but finally I got the point that he wants us to use poetical language here D
And for this one, I read it many times too then finally got it in the end D
Quote:
Hi Evangeline,
you must have been impressed with this author's opus at past, but do you know others [whom may could more burnt into] especially in literature?

Regards,
0RANGGILA

The bold ones actually explain the underlined ones. Wish I could draw an arrow to point it, but I couldn't hammer: But i don't get what 'burnt into' means. Need to google it, but I'm so lazy anyway.
Cool choice of words and I must say your sentence forming is cool too!

*so sorry not to use poetical language. I am just an average English speaker/writer hammer: don't want to fry my own brain try to create some difficult sentence*
edvil - 29/04/2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Waw, I never see you before Edvil. You got great taste. Honestly, I often confused reading Coelho (eg, The Alchemist?)... But I like Gaarder... It's good introduction to philosophy...

well, guess i am only an occasional visitor
and i don't read a lot either hehe... D

shopie's world you mean?
ya, i love that piece too...skilled author; he is able to spiced the plot with elements of mystery and dole out the philosophy in a gentle and accessible way. great novel, great story...yet, intriguing at certain level somehow i think.

Quote:

all of his works ^^ from novels to short stories and poetries D

read Sophie's World a looooonnggg time ago for my philosophy class in uni... hammer: but that's the only work of his I read...

if you wanna ask more bout those, I suggest you ask my boyfriend, Rayculz. shouldn't be hard to find him either... just go to forum music or movie and, well, he's one of the mods there.

i see...poe's fan hehe D
ya, i read shopie's world quite sometime ago too...and it took me nearly three months to finish it--as i can recall. the words just didn't get into my head easily D

anyway, discussing about a story or a poem has always been a subtle moment to embrace. to hear and to find new perspectives...it's interesting don't you think? thus, ya...i'll try to find him...
thanks.
edvil - 29/04/2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

i believe we are all aware of that gan hehe... :d
being poetic is great...but only if we are able to; or at least at the level we are into...otherwise, we will only make ourselves sound odd.

i just think that we should not force ourselves to be poetic.
to boast...it would only bring ourselves humiliation...

in fact, not all englishmen are able to be such poetic as poe or twain.
if you only know what i mean \)

yet, whatever it is...never stop learning. things will unfold themselves before us eventually.
i guess...hehe D
FrozenFlame - 29/04/2011 05:57 PM

Quote:
Hi All Juragan,

Regards,
0RANGGILA

@0RANGGILA
Can you give us an example of What is your favourite English or American Literature(s) first ? and Who is the author of that literature ?

From what I read above, looks like you YOURSELF DON'T KNOW who/what is it...

Are doing your homework ? mahomaho

Quote:
Hi Evangeline,
you must have been impressed with this author's opus at past, but do you know others whom may could more burnt into especially in literature?

Regards,
0RANGGILA

Hi Ambrosiana,
I may say you might a hard reader of his books (Robert Frost), but no matter you would choose is up to you.
One thing that i would to know is how could you have several authors in almost same reading period of times such now on?

Regards,
0RANGGILA

And those answers using 'opus' and 'more burnt' words, can you give a 'more-down-to earth' replies ?
If you're really into English or American literatures, you should have one or two and please use proper English to get your point across.

I, for myself, don't really like American/English literatures, but I love its language very much. Regarding English literatures, the only name came up to me was William Shakespeare
Evangeline - 30/04/2011 04:37 AM

Quote:

of all the odds, why would I bother to make mine words more poetic, Sir?

Twil just put a waste to mine brain. 'Much ado about nothing,' quoth I.

Thus, call me not fool for wanting thy to understand me speaking.

Alas, I am just a fool in love with literature D
Ambrosiana - 30/04/2011 12:56 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By p1nk3d_books
I don't read much Eng/American Literature so can't say much, I don't understand them quickly anyway hammer: but finally I got the point that he wants us to use poetical language here D
And for this one, I read it many times too then finally got it in the end D

The bold ones actually explain the underlined ones. Wish I could draw an arrow to point it, but I couldn't hammer: But i don't get what 'burnt into' means. Need to google it, but I'm so lazy anyway.
Cool choice of words and I must say your sentence forming is cool too!

[COLOR="White"]*so sorry not to use poetical language. I am just an average English speaker/writer hammer: don't want to fry my own brain try to create some difficult sentence*

Quote:
Original Posted By FrozenFlame
@0RANGGILA
Can you give us an example of What is your favourite English or American Literature(s) first ? and Who is the author of that literature ?

From what I read above, looks like you YOURSELF DON'T KNOW who/what is it...

Are doing your homework ? mahomaho

And those answers using 'opus' and 'more burnt' words, can you give a 'more-down-to earth' replies ?
If you're really into English or American literatures, you should have one or two and please use proper English to get your point across.

I, for myself, don't really like American/English literatures, but I love its language very much. Regarding English literatures, the only name came up to me was William Shakespeare

Quote:

of all the odds, why would I bother to make mine words more poetic, Sir?

Alas, I am just a fool in love with literature D

Duh... This what I called "Allied Force attack to Germany"
Quote:

Alas, I am just a fool in love with literature

matabelo:
I once fell in love with your music...
Now your words warms my cold noon (since it's rain hard now in Malang)..[/COLOR]
Page 1 of 2 |  1 2 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > [SHARE] Your favorite english/american Literature