ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > [SHARE] Your favorite english/american Literature
Total Views: 769 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 2 of 2 |  < 1 2

Evangeline - 01/05/2011 06:32 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Ambrosiana
[COLOR="Blue"] [SHARE] Your favorite english/american Literature
Duh... This what I called "Allied Force attack to Germany"

matabelo:
I once fell in love with your music...
Now your words warms my cold noon (since it's rain hard now in Malang)..

Good morrow good gentleman

I thank thee for thy kind words

but but but but....

I was just babbling around matabelo:

oh, did I mention that I looooooveeeee Shakespeare!!! D

ps: do pay attention to the grammar of the italicized sentence ;)

[/COLOR]
0RANGGILA - 08/02/2012 06:09 PM

Sorry gans, this may be my late reply..

I guess there is no author in American literature is better known than Samuel Langhorne Clemens.
Even on real, I didn't read that his best books live on the mississippi river :P

Regards,

0ranggila
bagfrenly - 09/02/2012 01:11 AM

in my opinion best known american author should have been either harper lee or ernest hemingway whereby plots and languages and style used were more distinctly american whereas mark twain's stories is still very much similar to brits victorian society

tips to reading oranggila's poetic language:
understand indonesian and translate into indonesian first

interpretation of his latest comment :
despite the fact that he didnt read mark twain's best work:life on mississipi ;)
Alliteration - 25/06/2012 10:55 AM

1. Harper Lee. Well, she refused to write another book since To Kill a Mockingbird, but TKM is just a perfect package of a moving story, amazing plot, and great writing style. I think she did a very good job in writing from a child perspective.

2.JRR. Tolkien. The Lord of the Ring, people? Classic! It's not his only book, but it's the most noticeable one. Really, people should read more of his work. The man have a wild imagination and know how to pour all of them on the paper. Fantastic.
ayanggurita - 27/06/2012 03:38 PM

ohhh this thread made cry over and over..
Why did I always sleep during the literature class?
oh God, why? oh why???????
vangen - 03/09/2012 03:39 PM

i have read almost of all Sophie Kinsella's books , not so heavy literatures and sometimes i can be laugh when i reading her books , because it's so funny and i often think that the story was real !! \) , i'd like her!!, but she's england not americans D www.sophiekinsella.co.uk/
0RANGGILA - 06/09/2012 11:18 PM

Come on gans..
Let's share what did Mark Twain wrote in "Live on the Mississippi River" book..
Anybody read it ?
I will appreciate anyone who shares it here \)

Regards,
0ranggila
0RANGGILA - 06/10/2012 01:12 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By ayanggurita
ohhh this thread made cry over and over..
Why did I always sleep during the literature class?
oh God, why? oh why???????

man.. you have to get more caffein since now on, in order to share what you were interest in english.

Quote:
Original Posted By vangen
i have read almost of all Sophie Kinsella's books , not so heavy literatures and sometimes i can be laugh when i reading her books , because it's so funny and i often think that the story was real !! \) , i'd like her!!, but she's england not americans D www.sophiekinsella.co.uk/

I am on my way to read it.. thanks..
GutMadchenOS - 17/10/2012 02:51 AM
Maya Angelou
My favorite author is Maya Angelou. Well, here, I'll give some of brief history of her which may rise touching feeling to everyone who reads it, since we've known that race discrimination and gender equality in america is a big problematic (even maybe until today).

Maya Angelou is an american-african poet. She was born in Missouri on April 4th 1928. Her parents get divorced on 1931, so she and her brother were sent to Arkansas, her father's mother home. But on 1935, maya and her brother were sent to taken care back again by her mother in St. Louis, the place where maya was born. Unfortunately, maya was sexually abused and raped by her mother's boyfriend, Mr. Freeman, that situation made her once again sent back to her grandmother.

Her poems mostly about feminism and the black people in the past america's circumstance during 1960's. The most famous poem she created is "Still I Rise" and "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings". It is mostly delivers maya's feeling and experience of being oppressed at that time. In "Still I Rise", the poem emerged more about slavery. Meanwhile, "I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings", it says more about injustice that the black people perceived by the white people.

The reason why I love Maya Angelou because she is an inspiring woman. By the poem, we can see that how harsh the life of the women at that era and how they were struggling to survive from being confined since women nowadays are mostly spoiled and dependable with the men. I hope the women in Indonesia can rise their desire and open their eyes to be independence.

Well, sorry for the long sharing ngakaks. I want nothing but the positive feedback from all of you. Let's spread the love! kisss
flymanxxx - 19/10/2012 04:14 PM

I very pleashed with literature which is maked by Dawn Brown.
His novel is outstanding, it can make me forget about my social life
Page 2 of 2 |  < 1 2
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > [SHARE] Your favorite english/american Literature