ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)
Total Views: 22410 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 18 of 36 | ‹ First  < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >  Last ›

Ambrosiana - 30/09/2011 07:21 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By jchristie
I hope this is the right thread to say:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="5"]HAPPY INTERNATIONAL TRANSLATION DAY !!!

:selamat

It's weird since I've just found out hammer:
How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)
I feel ashamed as TS of this translation world thread. Hiks...

Anyway, there's a translation project for anyone who interesting.
Please contact directly to the address mentioned on the letter (don't contact me I mean hammer: )

Quote:

Dear HPI,

Kami sebuah LSM asing yang bergerak di bidang pendidikan demokrasi dan liberalisme baru saja menerbitkan buku berjudul "ISLAM dan LIBERALISME".
Kami memerlukan seorang translator untuk menerjemahkan buku kami yang berjumlah sekitar 330 halaman dari Bahasa Indonesia ke Bahasa Inggris.
Buku kami bertemakan tentang agama dan politik.
Translator tidak tersumpah tetap akan kami pertimbangkan.

Apabila berminat, dapat menghubungi Irene (021-7256013), email: [email]jakarta@fnst.org[/email].

Regards,
Irene Kuntjoro
Administrative Assistant
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Baterism - 30/09/2011 11:16 PM

Report of Operation Enduring Plowing

SDL Trados 2009. Success.

Installer size: approximately 1 GB.

What inside: SDL Trados 2007 Suite, SDL Trados Studio 2009, SDL Passolo 2009, SDL Multiterm 2009.

Downloaded with: utorrent

Where to get: google!

ISP used: semar, with data turbo 1 get around 70kb/s.

How to install: Install 2007 first, then 2009. When installing Passolo uncheck "dongle driver". The rest is plain. Activate it with SDLActivKits. PM me for more details.

How to use: no frickin idea
jchristie - 01/10/2011 12:06 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Ambrosiana

It's weird since I've just found out hammer:

I feel ashamed as TS of this translation world thread. Hiks...

No need to feel ashamed, Bro...I am the one who should be ashamed as I'm not a full translator like you, not even a sworn translator!

err, I knew that it is an International Translator Day from a friend's FB status - now, that's REALLY something to be ashamed of...
HE.nyitnyit.net - 01/10/2011 07:18 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Baterism

What inside: SDL Trados 2007 Suite, SDL Trados Studio 2009, SDL Passolo 2009, SDL Multiterm 2009.

How to install: Install 2007 first, then 2009. When installing Passolo uncheck "dongle driver". The rest is plain. Activate it with SDLActivKits. PM me for more details.

i can't help you with that.... uncle google and trial error process is what i do.
Ambrosiana - 01/10/2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Baterism, that's why they often hold a workshop cost IDR 300.000 - 400.000 D (Always sold out in three days)
Many translators want to master the tool ;)
Quote:
No need to feel ashamed, Bro...I am the one who should be ashamed as I'm not a full translator like you, not even a sworn translator!

err, I knew that it is an International Translator Day from a friend's FB status - now, that's REALLY something to be ashamed of...

ngakaks ngakaks
You're just too humble, Bro...
Monoxdifly - 03/10/2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Ng? Does this mean that the level of full translator is beyond the sworn one? I thought that the sworn is the highest one...
Ambrosiana - 03/10/2011 10:57 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Monoxdifly
Ng? Does this mean that the level of full translator is beyond the sworn one? I thought that the sworn is the highest one...

No, he doesn't mean like that.
He just want to say that he's not full-time translator/interpreter D
I once talked to jchristie about his occupation D
Monoxdifly - 04/10/2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

No, he doesn't mean like that.
He just want to say that he's not full-time translator/interpreter D
I once talked to jchristie about his occupation D

Oh, I get it now. I thought that full translator is some sort of translator level. My bad.
HE.nyitnyit.net - 06/10/2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

i have some pdf files on how to work with trados for beginner by tomas kuostinen. I'll upload it when my hosting server is up (my hubbie host server was rejected IX connection at this time during maintenance, and since we're connecting to the internet through proxy, we can't acces the server right now..). I don't want to upload files on public sharing server...lol.
dhika69 - 06/10/2011 02:57 PM

nice share, it was my dream job while im still in college... but now im in banking business
Mushthofa - 06/10/2011 11:48 PM

thanks a lot, i am reading and i hope i will be a professional translator next day....ameeen
embun_pagi36 - 07/10/2011 12:34 AM

Hi all,

My office needs a translator.

Please see below (advertised in JobsDB.com)

URGENTLY REQUIRED

An established Intellectual Property Firm in Jakarta is seeking
TRANSLATOR

Requirements:

* Able to translate documents from English to Indonesian and vice versa
* Excellent in English and Indonesian correspondence
* Bachelor degree from a reputable university with a GPA minimum 3.00 out of 4.00 scale
* Willing to work under tight deadlines, computer literate, self-motivated, commited to deliver results, independent and a team player
* Max. 30 years of age

Send your CV and application letter to [email]info@coxinga.com[/email] no later than October 20, 2011

Thank you. cendols
dgiovanni - 07/10/2011 11:36 PM

Hello guys \) I'm just curious, lots of people said that being an interpreter earns lots of money hammer: is that true? just wanna know though hammer:
Ruwais - 08/10/2011 09:54 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By dgiovanni
Hello guys \) I'm just curious, lots of people said that being an interpreter earns lots of money hammer: is that true? just wanna know though hammer:

That depends on what kind of interpreter you'd like to be, but overall, I think the average salary of an interpreter is quite high. \)
dgiovanni - 08/10/2011 02:44 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Ruwais

That depends on what kind of interpreter you'd like to be, but overall, I think the average salary of an interpreter is quite high. \)

How many kinds of interpreter are there actually? hammer: How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)
dgiovanni - 08/10/2011 02:45 PM

Sorry dopost nohope: How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)
Ruwais - 08/10/2011 02:52 PM

Quote:
How many kinds of interpreter are there actually? hammer: How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)

For gods sake, can't you at least google it before asking? Since I'm in a happy mood, I'll answer you. \)
Click here, it shows you a list and the average salary of these jobs.
Just for the curiosity, do you want to be an interpreter? If so, good luck! D
dgiovanni - 08/10/2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

For gods sake, can't you at least google it before asking? Since I'm in a happy mood, I'll answer you. \)

Thanks and sorry D, I just read about what an interpreter is last night in first page, I tho a translator and interpreter are the same job hammer:

Uhh I got a job for being an interpreter next week, so I read in this threat last night and it was a good help D How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)
Ambrosiana - 08/10/2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Ruwais is terrifying today... How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)
Quote:
Thanks and sorry D, I just read about what an interpreter is last night in first page, I tho a translator and interpreter are the same job hammer:

Uhh I got a job for being an interpreters next week, so I read in this threat last night and it was a good help D How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)

Sorry for my late reply... D
The site which was suggested by Ruwais listed international rate. In Indonesia, it's surely lower.
You can find more information on www.hpi.or.id or www.bahtera.org
However, I can tell you that average interpreter in Indonesia received > 150rb for one hour interpreting. It's according to my interpreter friends' experiences.
I hope that helps.
Don't hesitate to ask here anything you like, or you can write PM/VM to me directly if I don't appear in this thread... ;)
Ruwais - 08/10/2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Ruwais is terrifying today... How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)

Sorry for my late reply... D
The site which was suggested by Ruwais listed international rate. In Indonesia, it's surely lower.
You can find more information on www.hpi.or.id or www.bahtera.org
However, I can tell you that average interpreter in Indonesia received > 150rb for one hour interpreting. It's according to my interpreter friends' experiences.
I hope that helps.
Don't hesitate to ask here anything you like, or you can write PM/VM to me directly if I don't appear in this thread... ;)

Aww c'mon I'm not scary, I'm as sweet as candy! \(
Have no fear, 'cause underdog is here! D

As for the information for the salary in Indonesia that Ambro provided, thank you for correcting me. I'm terribly sorry dgiovanni, I'm just really used to international versions. \(
Page 18 of 36 | ‹ First  < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)