ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)
Total Views: 22410 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 20 of 36 | ‹ First  < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >  Last ›

Ambrosiana - 25/10/2011 05:42 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By HE.nyitnyit.net
it's been quite a while...

how is it going...
anyway.. i want to invite you guys to my first forum.
it's on going progress now, and i am inviting you all to come and joint.

support me with useful thread, or maybe just a link to a useful resources.

Wow kagets:
It's still so new...
I'll try to register and walk around there, Sis... D
HE.nyitnyit.net - 25/10/2011 08:05 PM

haha.. actually my husband take care that forum. i just gave him some ideas or concept for the website. so we're making proposal, and it got approved by maxindo (indowebster, indogamer, maknyos, nyit-nyit, etc ..group)

anyway, now i know your facebook bro ambrosiana... hehe.
and also, if you don't mind.. copy and paste this article/thread there on translators lounge.
Monoxdifly - 26/10/2011 08:53 AM

Quote:
it's been quite a while...

how is it going...
anyway.. i want to invite you guys to my first forum.
it's on going progress now, and i am inviting you all to come and joint.

support me with useful thread, or maybe just a link to a useful resources.

A bit off-topic question, do you use free domain to build your forum site?
HE.nyitnyit.net - 26/10/2011 10:09 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Monoxdifly
A bit off-topic question, do you use free domain to build your forum site?

no it's not a free domain, is a paid domain name.
but, since our proposal was received by maxindo.. so the domain, hosting, etc were 100% support by maxindo

and by the name of indois.me it means it is related with indo*web*ster.., indogamers, indofiles, indoweb.tv and other maxindo product.. lol

at first my proposal was to make a website like proz or translatorcafe but made specially for Indonesian translator, so clients from oversea don't have to give their project to foreign agents and then to Indonesian translator. but it was to specific, so we change the concept to Indonesian Language Website, with translator, interpreter lounge as a sub forum (there we can post job, CV, etc...). well it's just a start, we might change from time to time...

thank you for your response..
Monoxdifly - 26/10/2011 10:56 AM

Quote:
no it's not a free domain, is a paid domain name.
but, since our proposal was received by maxindo.. so the domain, hosting, etc were 100% support by maxindo

and by the name of indois.me it means it is related with indo*web*ster.., indogamers, indofiles, indoweb.tv and other maxindo product.. lol

at first my proposal was to make a website like proz or translatorcafe but made specially for Indonesian translator, so clients from oversea don't have to give their project to foreign agents and then to Indonesian translator. but it was to specific, so we change the concept to Indonesian Language Website, with translator, interpreter lounge as a sub forum (there we can post job, CV, etc...). well it's just a start, we might change from time to time...

thank you for your response..

Sorry, I was just wondering because most forums with were based on free domains wouldn't last long. Sorry if I offended you, though. However, now that you've explained about it, I feel a slight hope to join to your forum. Thank you. \)
HE.nyitnyit.net - 26/10/2011 11:51 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Monoxdifly
Sorry, I was just wondering because most forums with were based on free domains wouldn't last long. Sorry if I offended you, though. However, now that you've explained about it, I feel a slight hope to join to your forum. Thank you. \)

haha don't worry.. I'm not feel offended.. ^^V
and yes, this is an ongoing long term project. we still search the best approach possible for the forum.

this thread helps us a lot on building the forum.
and maybe friend from Bahtera or HPI like bro ambrosiana can't share their knowledge there..

thank you.
Ambrosiana - 26/10/2011 07:43 PM

Quote:
haha.. actually my husband take care that forum. i just gave him some ideas or concept for the website. so we're making proposal, and it got approved by maxindo (indo*web*ster.., indogamer, maknyos, nyit-nyit, etc ..group)

anyway, now i know your facebook bro ambrosiana... hehe.
and also, if you don't mind.. copy and paste this article/thread there on translators lounge.

Quote:
haha don't worry.. I'm not feel offended.. ^^V
and yes, this is an ongoing long term project. we still search the best approach possible for the forum.

this thread helps us a lot on building the forum.
and maybe friend from Bahtera or HPI like bro ambrosiana can't share their knowledge there..

thank you.

I'll try it, but I haven't received confirmation letter \(\(\(

From my experience, it'll take about 24 hours, so I'll wait.
Ow, about FB, sorry I'm a bit rare to open my Facebook.
I will open it soon hammer:
Monoxdifly - 26/10/2011 08:02 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Ambrosiana

I'll try it, but I haven't received confirmation letter \(\(\(

From my experience, it'll take about 24 hours, so I'll wait.
Ow, about FB, sorry I'm a bit rare to open my Facebook.
I will open it soon hammer:

Ng? How can it be? My confirmation letter came to my email just 5-10 minutes after I registered.
HE.nyitnyit.net - 26/10/2011 09:35 PM

real HE.nyitnyit.net wrote to Ambrosiana

didn't receive confirmation email yet?
try to resigning or attained new confirmation letter?
usually you will received notification letter instantly.

try resigning, using original email, or check the spam box of your email.
Baterism - 27/10/2011 06:13 PM

Quote:
real HE.nyitnyit.net wrote to Ambrosiana

didn't receive confirmation email yet?
try to resigning or attained new confirmation letter?
usually you will received notification letter instantly.

try resigning, using original email, or check the spam box of your email.

hoo... Cool!

I've checked the forum and it seems quite prospective. I will join as soon as i get hold to my pc (won't happen soon)

Go Bahasa Indonesia!
HE.nyitnyit.net - 27/10/2011 08:43 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Baterism
hoo... Cool!

I've checked the forum and it seems quite prospective. I will join as soon as i get hold to my pc (won't happen soon)

Go Bahasa Indonesia!

Real HE. speaking..
thank you..
actually is not all about indonesian language, we want to make it as a language portal of any languages and cultures as well as a place where language expert and their clients meet (such as proz, etc but for domestic language expert).

but just like grocery stores, there wont be any supplier items (client, translation agencies) want to market their product in an empty customer store (member, language experts)

but for all.. we want to make the forum availabe, informative, and can help foreign people known Indonesian.

once again its a long term plan.. lot of changes will be made in the future, and i quote the word of dono (admin idws)
Quote:
build something is easy, nurture something is easy, maturing value is not easy, it takes a solid reason when start to build, a solid model when nurturing/nursing phase, a solid reciprocal value delivered when maturing phases
jchristie - 28/10/2011 08:37 AM

Sis HE,

That's a resourceful web you have there, I'll register right away as soon as I finish posting.

@Ambro - it's kinda slowing down here, Bro....been busy with work?
HE.nyitnyit.net - 28/10/2011 11:01 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By jchristie
Sis HE,

That's a resourceful web you have there, I'll register right away as soon as I finish posting.

haha.. thank you..
actually it was my husband Idea (Admin de'linguist) with the help of idws admin (dono) to made that website.
it was our dream actually... making our own website..^^V

don't forget de'linguist is my hubbie the admin, and i am erisuko there...

been busy with work now, no holiday for PNS this year.. lol..
so i may not be able to be active there nor kaskus. but my hubbie will...
and when he post here.. he will write "Real.He here"..
since in this thread only, we share account.. lol

don't forget to write an article there.. ^^V
ryanryan44 - 30/10/2011 12:24 AM

Hello all,,

May I join this thread? I wanted to be a movie translator, I'm going to apply as a foreign language technician in one of subtitling company, but I have no experience at all in translation \(
therealagashi - 30/10/2011 11:20 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By ryanryan44
Hello all,,

May I join this thread? I wanted to be a movie translator, I'm going to apply as a foreign language technician in one of subtitling company, but I have no experience at all in translation \(

Do you know how to do subtitle? Perhaps you could teach me D
yiling - 31/10/2011 06:03 PM

Quote:
that's what i meant, if you got pay by local indonesian agency standard, it seems really cheap compare to foreign standar.
but... 25USD/day is quite high though for most Indonesian...

maybe this is the reason why i often loose in bidding for english indonesian pair in proz ot translatorcafe... because there are Indonesian accept 0,01USD/word.because 10USD per 1000 words seems quite high for us.
but for me, never accept eng-ind below 0,03..

because 0,01 is so... low.. for time consuming jobs.. not worth it..

Hello, sis. About the rate, if I want to translate from English to bahasa, 0,03 USD/word is for the English word or bahasa? And how to count the rate if I'm working for the article on the website? Are there any certain rules? Thanks for helping \)
l08l - 31/10/2011 07:03 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By yiling
Hello, sis. About the rate, if I want to translate from English to bahasa, 0,03 USD/word is for the English word or bahasa? And how to count the rate if I'm working for the article on the website? Are there any certain rules? Thanks for helping \)

Normally, for international client, they want you to charge per word of the original text, not per word of the translation text.

No hard and fast rules, you make your own rules with regard the rate. Some people charge per character, some other charge per hour, and the other per word.

But usually, internationally speaking, translators charge per word of the original text.
yiling - 31/10/2011 11:31 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By l08l
Normally, for international client, they want you to charge per word of the original text, not per word of the translation text.

No hard and fast rules, you make your own rules with regard the rate. Some people charge per character, some other charge per hour, and the other per word.

But usually, internationally speaking, translators charge per word of the original text.

Thank you for giving me the insight shakehand
deVilos - 02/11/2011 04:32 PM

wow this is superb thread.
i have been translating for this 2 year but its not a professional job
in the future might be i will doing some professional one
so this thread is very useful for me.

the most difficult things to me are, translating words or sentences depends on the context. because it is hard to translate without knowing well about the topic which we translate.
any tips for this issue?
Ambrosiana - 02/11/2011 09:23 PM

Quote:
Real HE. speaking..
thank you..
actually is not all about indonesian language, we want to make it as a language portal of any languages and cultures as well as a place where language expert and their clients meet (such as proz, etc but for domestic language expert).

but just like grocery stores, there wont be any supplier items (client, translation agencies) want to market their product in an empty customer store (member, language experts)

but for all.. we want to make the forum availabe, informative, and can help foreign people known Indonesian.

once again its a long term plan.. lot of changes will be made in the future, and i quote the word of dono (admin idws)

Wow... That's really really awesome!
I love your dream, and I love to support people with big dream.
I'd surely glad to make contribution there.
I think this week I cannot visit the Forum since my deadlines are killing me \(\(

Last week I was busy with event held by Association of Indonesian Translators (HPI) in Malang + my family had vacation in my house...
So this week I have to fulfilled all the deadline \(\(

Quote:
Original Posted By jchristie
Sis HE,

Yes jchristie...
I've never been so busy like this week... \(\(
Quote:
Original Posted By ryanryan44
Hello all,,

They used to give you a test
If you're able to pass the test, it means you have qualification and worth for the job D
Be confidence! D
Quote:
Original Posted By therealagashi
Do you know how to do subtitle? Perhaps you could teach me D

There's a certain program for it, Agashi...
Some of my translators colleague have it D
But the company used to decide what program they would use to do the project D
Quote:
Original Posted By deVilos
wow this is superb thread.
i have been translating for this 2 year but its not a professional job
in the future might be i will doing some professional one
so this thread is very useful for me.

the most difficult things to me are, translating words or sentences depends on the context. because it is hard to translate without knowing well about the topic which we translate.
any tips for this issue?

Hlah... that's one of the reasons why we should have specification on certain field. The more we master specific field (engineering, oil & gas, psychology, etc) - it would help us to minimize the competition and also raise our salary.

FYI, many advanced translators I know, taking specific field only (OK, I have to say that I'm not on that level yet)

After following workshop held on last Saturday, I found that being a translator in specific field is quite promising from financial perspective. (I already know it, but I've just met some people whose financial income is unimaginable for me before)

I meet Mrs. Ana Wiksmadhara who works for Oil & Gas Company and she used to take translation project about Oil & Gas only. Her salary from the company is about IDR 40 million a month (not included her 'side job')

I also meet translator from Pasuruan, Ahnan Alex who hold record for 'highest-paid' for one project - he once received IDR 60 million from one project (which he found from ProZ)

I'm really really far away from them :mewek :mewek
Page 20 of 36 | ‹ First  < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)