ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)
Total Views: 22410 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 27 of 36 | ‹ First  < 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >  Last ›

tonnyc - 22/02/2012 08:48 PM

Jaya28inside, you should apply to the IAFCP translator job.

IAFCP job: Assignments for the translation of documents may be carried out remotely and work will be submitted via email.
jaya28inside - 22/02/2012 08:54 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By tonnyc
Jaya28inside, you should apply to the IAFCP translator job.

IAFCP job: Assignments for the translation of documents may be carried out remotely and work will be submitted via email.

but, but... the ads mentioned like this; \(
Quote:
Selected individuals and institutions will work with the project in Jakarta, Central Kalimantan and possibly
Sumatera.

....WORK WITH.... IN....

Those words.... means that it is a fulltime (non outsourced), i think.
Am i right, guys....? iloveindonesias
tonnyc - 22/02/2012 09:14 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By jaya28inside
but, but... the ads mentioned like this; \(

....WORK WITH.... IN....

Those words.... means that it is a fulltime (non outsourced), i think.
Am i right, guys....? iloveindonesias

There are two jobs:
1. Translator. This you can do from home.
2. Interpreter. This must be done on site.

You can apply for either job or both.
jaya28inside - 27/02/2012 04:16 PM

Quote:
There are two jobs:
1. Translator. This you can do from home.
2. Interpreter. This must be done on site.

You can apply for either job or both.

ic, ic... is should apply 4d translator now. D

thanks, tonnyc D

but, how much is the Translator rate (beginner)? I know that the rate should be counted as each A4 paper, average 550 words....
but, i'm wondering, is it already discussed in this thread? D
nengmemew - 28/02/2012 01:13 PM

www.beritajakarta.com, an official news site under the authority of Jakarta Provincial Government, is currently looking for EXPERIENCED TRANSLATOR (full time) to provide news translation (Bahasa to English).

Qualifications:
- Female, max. 27 years old, single
- S1 of related discipline
- Excellent command of English and Indonesian languages
- Speed typing and good accuracy
- Able to learn and master new technical terms within a fairly short time
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadline
- Ready to work in weekend and holiday
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment
- Computer literacy
- Min. TOEFL score 500
- Proven track record of English translation

Send your CV to email: [email]rizkymawardi@gmail.com[/email]

PLS POST HERE https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=13202931
jaya28inside - 02/03/2012 05:32 PM

no more updates... sigh. \(
Monoxdifly - 03/03/2012 09:33 AM

Ah, and for this semester. No, as long as I'm still making my college final thesis I will temporarily put aside my dream of becoming a well-known translator. Because I've decided that as long as I'm still making this final thesis, I won't take any job except which are related directly to my subject (mathematics). Well, I'm still helping my friends translate their abstract, thought. So, sorry everyone... And hope we can meet again... \)
ID* - 04/03/2012 07:44 AM

I can assure you translators an interesting site where it will compensate your work.

you should definitely pay a visit to Gobann.com : Macro Jobs
jaya28inside - 05/03/2012 05:43 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By ID*
I can assure you translators an interesting site where it will compensate your work.

you should definitely pay a visit to Gobann.com : Macro Jobs

wats dat?? bingungs
tonnyc - 05/03/2012 07:11 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By jaya28inside

wats dat?? bingungs

It's ID's start-up. To put it into kaskus terms, it's like an FJB, but with a set price of Rp. 50.000 and a built-in escrow. It should be better organized, making things easier for both seller and buyer. The built-in escrow should also reduce the amount of disputes.

The video at the site should be self-explanatory, really. Check it out.

I've talked to ID myself and he's putting a lot of effort and money into this. I'm really curious who his angel investor is though, because that video alone implies a serious amount of money being invested into this.

(In case you are wondering how gobann itself will make its profit, there are two avenues. One is the flat 10.000 rupiah transaction fee, meaning that the seller only gets 40.000 rupiah per transaction. The other is the interest in escrow money. Both are actually reasonable and commonplace in this business. From the seller's point of view, as long as it enables him to reach hundreds of buyers, it's all good. And from the buyer's point of view, as long as he gets what he wants at a reasonable price, it's all good too.)

DISCLAIMER: Everything I said above are either publicly available information or logical deduction based on available information on similar businesses.

DISCLAIMER: ID has offered me to offer my services as a seller and I've agreed to do so. However, I am not an employee of his or gobann.com nor should I be considered to represent him or gobann.com in any way, shape, or form.
jaya28inside - 07/03/2012 11:21 PM

Quote:
It's ID's start-up. To put it into kaskus terms, it's like an FJB, but with a set price of Rp. 50.000 and a built-in escrow. It should be better organized, making things easier for both seller and buyer. The built-in escrow should also reduce the amount of disputes.

The video at the site should be self-explanatory, really. Check it out.

I've talked to ID myself and he's putting a lot of effort and money into this. I'm really curious who his angel investor is though, because that video alone implies a serious amount of money being invested into this.

(In case you are wondering how gobann itself will make its profit, there are two avenues. One is the flat 10.000 rupiah transaction fee, meaning that the seller only gets 40.000 rupiah per transaction. The other is the interest in escrow money. Both are actually reasonable and commonplace in this business. From the seller's point of view, as long as it enables him to reach hundreds of buyers, it's all good. And from the buyer's point of view, as long as he gets what he wants at a reasonable price, it's all good too.)

DISCLAIMER: Everything I said above are either publicly available information or logical deduction based on available information on similar businesses.

DISCLAIMER: ID has offered me to offer my services as a seller and I've agreed to do so. However, I am not an employee of his or gobann.com nor should I be considered to represent him or gobann.com in any way, shape, or form.

How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)
now, i'm surprised...!
i thought it was a translator thing....
but then it's an FJB type of web app... OMG.

you should move it somewhere-else i guess....
amoeck - 08/03/2012 12:06 PM

Hi,

I just drop by here to greet you all. I am a freelance translator. I am a member of HPI, Bahtera, and ProZ.
Ambrosiana - 09/03/2012 03:37 PM

@ Amoeck: Welcome Amoeck... Feel free to share your experience here... By your capacity, I think we will need guidance from you D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK. There's official vacancy from government ;)
Quote:

Strengthening Integrity and accountability program 1 (SIAP 1)

Position : Translator and Interpreter

Project Summary
The objective of SIAP-1 is to contribute to good governance in Indonesia by strengthening integrity and accountability in Government-principally at the national level. It will do this by supporting Governmental and non-Government efforts to strengthen integrity and accountability. Two major components of SIAP-1 are:
1. Supporting efforts by key accountability agencies such as
the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) and the Supreme Audit Body (BPK) to strengthen integrity and accountability in government.
2. Supporting efforts to strengthen political integrity and accountability by reducing the influence of “money politics. ”This will include support for efforts to strengthen the fair regulation of political finance and effective oversight and enforcement.

Position Summary:

The Translator shall provide technically accurate translation of the requested documents including documents speeches, press releases, brochures, and reports produced by and for the use of MSI from Indonesian Language to English and English to Indonesian Language. The
Interpreter is also responsible for providing technically accurate verbal interpretation from Indonesian language to English and vice versa during seminars, workshops, conferences and official visits organized by MSI.

Qualifications:
* Minimum Diploma (Diploma-3) in relevant field of work or related studies
* Shall have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
* Have the capacity to work both independently as well as in a team setting
* Willing to undertake field travel and work under demanding conditions
* Ability to establish priorities and undertake assigned tasks with minimum supervision
* Ability to effectively multitask
* Proficient in spoken and written English, and in in the use of MS Office Software

**This is a local position; only Indonesian nationals will be considered.

Application should include a cover letter, CV (including three references) and contact number. Please send applications to [email]recruitment@msi-siap.com[/email] by 15 March 2012, at the latest Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
amoeck - 10/03/2012 03:14 AM

Thank you for the nice welcome.
I want to share my articles about translation at Proz...This ini one of them:
hxxp://www.proz.com/doc/2290
nengmemew - 10/03/2012 03:03 PM

The Australian embassy invites applications for the following position:

EID program Translator/interpreter

for more details pls see the website:

http://www.indonesia.embassy.gov.au/jakt/JV_EID-DAFF.html
racun.ganas - 12/03/2012 09:32 AM

nice info gan...
I'll subscribe to this... thx
amoeck - 12/03/2012 12:10 PM

Mungkin perlu diusulkan buat channel tersendiri utk para penerjemah di Kaskus...just an idea
Adhit. - 12/03/2012 01:02 PM

Sound interesting, but i prefer to be a Liaison Officer D
acer666 - 14/03/2012 03:37 PM

translator, not bad for a side job.. if your decent job, doesnt pay you enough salary..
p1nk3d_books - 14/03/2012 07:36 PM
URGENT!
A friend of mine needs some help to translate some kind of manual, I was considering it when I saw the amount of pages!! The deadline is FRIDAY, kaskusers! If you are willing to, pls PM me ASAP!

The amount of pages ngakaks, I think it's kinda about 1 ream D
Page 27 of 36 | ‹ First  < 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)