ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)
Total Views: 22410 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 33 of 36 | ‹ First  < 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 > 

kravivanya - 06/06/2012 05:21 PM

translator? i hate translator, ngakak

dont be mad sire, but i dont have a deep compassion for a translator because they're screwin up the original and made the translation lost its soul... and meaning

when i read translation book such as harlequin or twilight series, the soul-lost-irony is not bad, because i dont have any difficulities in visualize such a light material

but when it comes to an important textbook, its a real nightmare. if you read a textbook about engineering you'll encounter a misconception gap that the translator means something, but the original writer means something else! try to read elektromagnetika telekomunikasi and compare it with the original which was wrote by the William H. Hayt...
p1nk3d_books - 06/06/2012 06:57 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By kravivanya

dont be mad sire, but i dont have a deep compassion for a translator because they're screwin up the original and made the translation lost its soul... and meaning

when i read translation book such as harlequin or twilight series, the soul-lost-irony is not bad, because i dont have any difficulities in visualize such a light material

but when it comes to an important textbook, its a real nightmare. if you read a textbook about engineering you'll encounter a misconception gap that the translator means something, but the original writer means something else! try to read elektromagnetika telekomunikasi and compare it with the original which was wrote by the William H. Hayt...

Then you haven't read the books I've translated D

Try to read it, it'll blown your mind D

Not all translator's job is crap bro. Don't generalize something just because of some of your bad experiences.
Anshar - 06/06/2012 07:57 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By p1nk3d_books

Not all translator's job is crap bro. Don't generalize something just because of some of your bad experiences.

Agree,...
I just can't imagine a world without translators. D
One terrible translation result doesn't mean all translators are bad, try reading other translated books, and compare. Peace:
Ambrosiana - 06/06/2012 07:59 PM

Soon to be published... From Harlequin series.
Seers of Grampian Trilogy: The Runaway McBride, The Scot and I, and Bewitching Bride...
Ambrosiana translated the first of the trilogy.... ngacir:
p1nk3d_books - 06/06/2012 08:38 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Ambrosiana
Soon to be published... From Harlequin series.
Seers of Grampian Trilogy: The Runaway McBride, The Scot and I, and Bewitching Bride...
Ambrosiana translated the first of the trilogy.... ngacir:

That's good for you!!
You go, girl!! shutup: Peace:
jeffrey.ong - 07/06/2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

quite unfair to me.. i'm translator :cool
kravivanya - 07/06/2012 11:55 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By jeffrey.ong
quite unfair to me.. i'm translator :cool

Quote:
Original Posted By Anshar
Agree,...
I just can't imagine a world without translators. D
One terrible translation result doesn't mean all translators are bad, try reading other translated books, and compare. Peace:

Quote:

not crappie sire,but its what i have to say... that their job is not as good as reading the originals,

but if i have any oppurtunity to read what you have wrote, i'll be glad to hire you as my translator, thanks before
jeffrey.ong - 08/06/2012 10:03 AM

Quote:
not crappie sire,but its what i have to say... that their job is not as good as reading the originals,

but if i have any oppurtunity to read what you have wrote, i'll be glad to hire you as my translator, thanks before

[COLOR="Navy"]actually u have ur own point. such as reading original twilight which written by Stephanie Meyer is totally different with the translated version. I mean TOTALLY !
geez they removed a lot of romantic quotes ! berdukas[/COLOR]
Anshar - 08/06/2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

[COLOR="Navy"]actually u have ur own point. such as reading original twilight which written by Stephanie Meyer is totally different with the translated version. I mean TOTALLY !

May I know the translator of this book, gan??
jchristie - 08/06/2012 12:11 PM
[INFO] REQUIRED - Executive Asst./Translator
Dear All,

Caritas Czech Republic Aceh Mission (CCR) has been implementing rural livelihoods development activities in Aceh Jaya district since 2005 after finalizing emergencyphase of the post tsunami relief. Livelihood field became soon a core activity of CCR in Aceh. For more than 4 years CCR has been providing long term support for the victims of tsunami in the fields of agriculture, agro-forestry and aquacultures (all sub districts of Aceh Jaya district).

In 2010-2012 CCR will be implementing a project for the Mulit-Donor Fund (MDF) in cooperation with the Economic Development Financing Facility (EDFF) and the World Bank. This project will focus on improving the economic opportunities available to nilam growers across Aceh. This call for applications is open for this project.

The Executive Assistant/ Translator will work directly for the CCR Head of Mission.

Job code title : Executive Assistant/ Translator
Code : EA- BA
Supervisor : Head of Mission
Duty Station :Banda Aceh
Expected duration of assignment : June to August 2012

Description of Responsibilities :
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will translate written documents as assigned and needed by the HOM.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will act as interpreter for the HOM when requested.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will respond to correspondence for the HOM.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will schedule meetings and business trips for the HOM in cooperation with the other support staff.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will travel across Aceh with the HOM on a regular basis to attend coordination meetings and monitoring and evaluation activities.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will serve as a project assistant on various activities when direct by the HOM.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator will be asked to interpret for the HOM in government meetings and in front of large groups in formal settings.
- The Executive Assistant/ Translator must be conformable giving presentations and with formal public speaking.

Recruitment Qualifications :
Education : University degree in English
Experience :
* Translation and interpretation experience needed
* Note taking and minute preparation
* Minimum 2 years office experience
* Excellent computer skills (Excel test needed)
* Well organized and independent
* People person with good social skills
* Must be willing and able to travel out of Banda Aceh up to 10 days per month with very little notice to prepare for departure.
* Must be physically able to withstand the demands of travel in difficult conditions for the duration of the project.
* Languange Requirements : Fluent written and spoken Bahasa and English (test needed). Written level of English must be professional.

How to apply :
Application must include a cover letter in English and current Curriculum Vitae with the position code as the subject of the email.
CV should include 2-3 page professional resume with education, and work experience (English only) and 3 professional references (not related to/ family member with) the candidate complete with names, job position and working phone numberfor the reference.
Resumes must have full contact detail of candidate and qualified candidates should sent the application to [email]caritas.ceko@gmail.comby[/email] COB 14 June 2011

Note to applicants: “No transportation costs related to relocation will be provided.”
=========================================================

NOTE : the job location is in Banda Aceh and no transportation cost related to relocation will be provided. Surely, it encourages local hiring, people already resided in Aceh OR those who always interested in traveling to new areas.
p1nk3d_books - 08/06/2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Sir, I think you're just downright rude.
This is a thread for fellow translators to share tips, joy & sorrow of being translators, vacancy, etc and yet you suddenly came in here and insult us all. What is your motive actually? You're no translator, you don't know how translator work, you haven't even done a translation job yourself, so you have NO RIGHT to insult everyone here.
If you are one senior translator and decided to say or state that every junior translators work are crappy, then it's OK. You have the experience, you have the experiment, you have everything to back up what you say.
But since you have nothing, no experience, no credential, then GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.
If you don't like translator and what they do with the translated books, then what business do you have in here?! Go sit on your high horse and read all those expensive and original language-books. Don't bother to read our work and we won't even bother to show you one.

If it's bata you're looking for, you're at the wrong thread.
Don't ever come back here unless to aplogize.

Quote:
Original Posted By Anshar
May I know the translator of this book, gan??

Her name was Monica something.
BTW you asked me where I work, I now work for Zahra Publishing. In its sub-publisher: Dastan.
kravivanya - 08/06/2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

yessir, i have to rewrite the chapter i have to learn and try to sinthesize what the real idea behind the symbol and word he/she was wrote.

Quote:
Sir, I think you're just downright rude.
This is a thread for fellow translators to share tips, joy & sorrow of being translators, vacancy, etc and yet you suddenly came in here and insult us all. What is your motive actually? You're no translator, you don't know how translator work, you haven't even done a translation job yourself, so you have NO RIGHT to insult everyone here.
If you are one senior translator and decided to say or state that every junior translators work are crappy, then it's OK. You have the experience, you have the experiment, you have everything to back up what you say.
But since you have nothing, no experience, no credential, then GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.
If you don't like translator and what they do with the translated books, then what business do you have in here?! Go sit on your high horse and read all those expensive and original language-books. Don't bother to read our work and we won't even bother to show you one.

If it's bata you're looking for, you're at the wrong thread.
Don't ever come back here unless to aplogize.

Her name was Monica something.
BTW you asked me where I work, I now work for Zahra Publishing. In its sub-publisher: Dastan.

insult? do you ever feel any sarcasm or critics in my opinion? why you tell me to get out from here and face the mis-interpreted books and article? am i dont have any right at all to criticize your work? i have translate many journal and books (not a whole book) in order to correct several critical parts which go south in translation.

joy and sorrow? have you know about the joy and sorrow about reading the faulted interpreted books? you dont have to face your mentor and debating about the definition which is so different from the original and the translated one.

i think you just a lil bit arrogant sire, but you have to know that in your works lies responsibilities to "translate" the idea, not to mislead your reader and make our job harder. since we pay for the books, we have rights to get something in return. and one thing: i dont expect such as harsh response from someone with so many reputation and special honored member. dont you know that your manner in response is so RUDE?

even when i came to DC which filled by kaskus lowest barrel water they never tell me to bug off like this.

if you ask apologies, okay i give it: i'm sorry, i came to the wrong thread to criticize your fellow and i will carry the "joy and sorrow" about reading mis-interpreted books somewhere else.

thankyou sir!
nengmemew - 08/06/2012 04:36 PM

PT Surya Citra Televisi – SCTV is a national television company needs to be supported by high quality people who has strongly dynamic driven, high creativity and good antisipative thinking towards change and development of industries related.

Translator News
Persyaratan:

Pria / Wanita
Pendidikan minimal lulusan S-1, diutamakan lulusan Sastra Inggris
Dapat berbahasa Ingris lisan maupun tulisan
Jujur, beretika dan bertanggung jawab
Mampu bekerja secara kelompok maupun Individu

link >>> http://id.jobsdb.com/ID/EN/Search/JobAdSingleDetail?jobsIdList=200003000403314
SooYouTiff - 08/06/2012 08:05 PM

Hello ... Good Morning, Afternoon, Night .... im new in this SubForum ...

wow ... after 2 years in KasKus ... this is the firsly i find this thread ... the All Translator is in here ( i hope) .. cd

oh, first, i want Introduce my self ...

Name : Ary Kurniawan or VoMore (thats my nickname malus)
Sex : Male ( of course ngakaks)

yap, enough from me ... if that something wrong i write ... please forgive .. actually im not good in english ... but i wanna try to learn .. sooo ... please cooperate ....
Ambrosiana - 08/06/2012 08:11 PM

Quote:
yessir, i have to rewrite the chapter i have to learn and try to sinthesize what the real idea behind the symbol and word he/she was wrote.

insult? do you ever feel any sarcasm or critics in my opinion? why you tell me to get out from here and face the mis-interpreted books and article? am i dont have any right at all to criticize your work? i have translate many journal and books (not a whole book) in order to correct several critical parts which go south in translation.

joy and sorrow? have you know about the joy and sorrow about reading the faulted interpreted books? you dont have to face your mentor and debating about the definition which is so different from the original and the translated one.

i think you just a lil bit arrogant sire, but you have to know that in your works lies responsibilities to "translate" the idea, not to mislead your reader and make our job harder. since we pay for the books, we have rights to get something in return. and one thing: i dont expect such as harsh response from someone with so many reputation and special honored member. dont you know that your manner in response is so RUDE?

even when i came to DC which filled by kaskus lowest barrel water they never tell me to bug off like this.

if you ask apologies, okay i give it: i'm sorry, i came to the wrong thread to criticize your fellow and i will carry the "joy and sorrow" about reading mis-interpreted books somewhere else.

thankyou sir!

Ah Sir, by all respect... You know since we're in a Forum which most of people are anonymous...
You know we assess a person by their posts...

So I have to say... the way you jumped in is in fact impolite...
Started a line with sentences like:

Quote:

I think it's a natural for Sis Pinkie saying that thing... (What do you expect from a guess who coming and said they hate the host?...)
Because your sentence were too much generalizing and accusing the profession (you mention 'translator', right?)

I myself felt uncomfortable though I tried to avoid that and changed the subject...

Quote:

No one will be evicted from DC just because being rude [COLOR="White"]because people are free to be rude there... malu:

Quote:

am i dont have any right at all to criticize your work?

You have right to criticize the translator who translated the work that you considered mess

Criticized all translators in a Forum is not wise and exaggerating D[/COLOR]
SooYouTiff - 08/06/2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Ah Sir, by all respect... You know since we're in a Forum which most of people are anonymous...
You know we assess a person by their posts...

So I have to say... the way you jumped in is in fact impolite...
Started a line with sentences like:

I think it's a natural for Sis Pinkie saying that thing... (What do you expect from a guess who coming and said they hate the host?...)
Because your sentence were too much generalizing and accusing the profession (you mention 'translator', right?)

I myself felt uncomfortable though I tried to avoid that and changed the subject...

No one will be evicted from DC just because being rude [COLOR="White"]because people are free to be rude there... malu:

You have right to criticize the translator who translated the work that you considered mess

Criticized all translators in a Forum is not wise and exaggerating D[/COLOR]

what is the problem ???? bingung
Ambrosiana - 08/06/2012 08:15 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By SooYouTiff
Hello ... Good Morning, Afternoon, Night .... im new in this SubForum ...

wow ... after 2 years in KasKus ... this is the firsly i find this thread ... the All Translator is in here ( i hope) .. cd

oh, first, i want Introduce my self ...

Name : Ary Kurniawan or VoMore (thats my nickname malus)
Sex : Male ( of course ngakaks)

yap, enough from me ... if that something wrong i write ... please forgive .. actually im not good in english ... but i wanna try to learn .. sooo ... please cooperate ....

Hi Welcome Ari ;)
You have started in really young age matabelo:
I really admire people like you shakehand:
I still have no imagination to be a translator in that age ngakaks
Ok, I wish you can 'take' all good things from this thread
Feel free to contact me if you have something in mind, or just write it in this thread
We help and support each other by such way ;)

Quote:
what is the problem ???? bingung

No problem ngakaks
The post wasn't dedicated to you ;)

SooYouTiff - 08/06/2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Hi Welcome Ari ;)
You have started in really young age matabelo:
I really admire people like you shakehand:
I still have no imagination to be a translator in that age ngakaks
Ok, I wish you can 'take' all good things from this thread
Feel free to contact me if you have something in mind, or just write it in this thread
We help and support each other by such way ;)

[COLOR="Black"]its use "Y" not "I" ... so Ary not Ari cd hahaha ngakak

No problem ngakaks
The post wasn't dedicated to you ;)

ok then ... :mewek

[/COLOR]

Ambrosiana - 08/06/2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Ok Ary Peace:
I'll pay attention not to mispell it ;)
SooYouTiff - 08/06/2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Ok Ary Peace:
I'll pay attention not to mispell it ;)

thanks, oh Ambrosi .. can u tell me the TIPS to become a good Translator ... u know .. if ur wrong in translating, the story or maybe the meaning will be crash ... so .. the Tips to be a good translator like what ?
Page 33 of 36 | ‹ First  < 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > How to start working as translator (tips to enter translation world)