Western Comic
Home > LOEKELOE > AMH > Western Comic > The Lounge
Total Views: 85406 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 4 of 132 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›

Mobiusorion - 25/05/2008 11:50 PM

Hey,
My name's Dave and I'm from Virginia in the USA. I've been a comic fan my whole life mostly DC until I found the Jim Lee X-Men comics in '91. My first comic was Superman V2 #11 or 12. Superman has always been my first love, but I branched out the older I got and I love Green Lantern, X-Men, Avengers, Batman, Outsiders, Superman and anything Jim Starlin does. Hated to see the site go down, I'm definetly missing the old M---VEL links in the new release thread, I was trying to finish up World War Hulk. Good luck getting the site up and running again, Kaskus is the greatest and a real life saver after the fall of Z-Cult and so many others.
gaouw - 26/05/2008 08:20 AM

welcome abroad, comradearmy:army:army:
erlangshen - 26/05/2008 09:24 AM

welcome everybody! nice to see a few new faces around here
shabs110 - 26/05/2008 11:13 AM

Hey i know this was discussed a lot before the crash, but why is kaskus pre-dominantly a rapidshare networked site? In light of the heavy wait system & stupid cat finding words for free users on rapidshare, I would have thought that we might have switched to other sites such as mediafire.com, yastorage, flyupload, eatlime, sharedzilla, adrive, even others systems that have limitations such as megaupload are better options. Some of these sites offer unlimited downloads and stay on the servers as long as they are popular also the download speeds are about the same as rapidshare.

Do most of you guys pay the yearly fee for rapidshare?
erlangshen - 26/05/2008 12:09 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By shabs110
Hey i know this was discussed a lot before the crash, but why is kaskus pre-dominantly a rapidshare networked site? In light of the heavy wait system & stupid cat finding words for free users on rapidshare, I would have thought that we might have switched to other sites such as mediafire.com, yastorage, flyupload, eatlime, sharedzilla, adrive, even others systems that have limitations such as megaupload are better options. Some of these sites offer unlimited downloads and stay on the servers as long as they are popular also the download speeds are about the same as rapidshare.

because:
1. we don't actually encourage any specific file hoster.
2. we leave the choice to the uploaders
3. we KILL any user that DARE to impose a specific file hoster because these users are nothing but slefush b*st**d o
dadnarna - 26/05/2008 07:20 PM

hi..... i'm also a comic fan just started reading US comic again, started with identity crisis, and then civil war.
A couple weeks ago i upgraded my internet connection D, i and i started downloading an awful lot of US comics, try to catch up some missing link between Indentity crisis and the on going final crisis. But still need a clue between IC & Countdown to Infinite Crisis, and between Infinite Crisis & 52. Are there any series i should read between those two?

But after reading the Infinite Crisis, i'm considering myself more a marvel guy than a dc one D. The Civil War is more... errr earthly D no parallel dimension and stuff, makes it more easy to undestand..... what marvel series after civil war you all recomend to be read?

regards.... just realise that i have to post in english to have proper responds D
Flazh - 26/05/2008 10:15 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By pacman_anime
What comics are you looking for? We have the requests thread and a lot of excellent request fillers.

Hmm...
I'm actually not quite sure...
How about the Justice League? I've seen some and they look interesting?
Where can I get like the all released version of it o.0?
Zechlin - 27/05/2008 01:14 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By shabs110

I certainly don't pay for Rapidshare.

Megaupload is excellent because of their free premium hours (second best would be Mediafire). I can understand the Sendspace and Gigasize users (you get points for people downloading your files), but I don't think Rapidshare has such a program. (edit: nevermind that)

What everyone can do as an easy alternative to Rapidshare is use a link generator like http://rapidbush.kb33.com/ and then post the new link here, then two more of us would click on it and it will be open to all again.
noriest - 27/05/2008 01:39 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Zechlin
I can understand the Sendspace and Gigasize users (you get points for people downloading your files), but I don't think Rapidshare has such a program.

Actually, they do \)
headlessego - 27/05/2008 07:39 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By dadnarna
But still need a clue between IC & Countdown to Infinite Crisis, and between Infinite Crisis & 52. Are there any series i should read between those two?

I was curious about this as well, because I originally ready Infinite Crisis first and didn't quite understand what was going on. Between Identity Crisis and Infinite, there was the Countdown issue, as well as 4 mini-series: The Rann-Thanagar War, Day of Vengeance, Villains United, and The OMAC Project. Arguably, The Return of Donna Troy should be thrown in there.
The OMAC Project has a Superman story, "Sacrifice," that is directly involved (in fact, the most important part is in here). Those issues are Superman #219, Action Comics #829, Adventures of Superman #642, and Wonder Woman #219. Wonder Woman's series is helpful to follow, for both Countdown to IC and Infinite. Also the Adam Strange: Planet Heist mini series is a lead-in to The Rann-Thanagar war, and is just generally really good.

The other series don't have any serious tie-ins I can think of that are necessary, except for maybe a few issues of Hawkman (can't remember which ones). There is a JLA storyline, Crisis of Conscience, that bridges between Identity and Infinite. Again, not sure of the issue numbers right now, as all those are stuck on my external hard drive that I need a new enclosure for.

And now, after all that: Hi, I'm Simon, and I'm from Mississippi in the US. A few years back I really only read Marvel, and then not a whole lot of it. Now I'd say I primarily read DC, and can thank comic scans for it (you here that industry? I'm buying more of your comics because of scans!).

Some of my favorite series right now are Action Comics, Green Lantern and GL Corps, Booster Gold Scalped, Casanova, Captain America, Uncanny X-Men, Nova, and Blue Beetle. Also Scott Pilgrim. I'll pretty much read anything written by Mike Carey or Matt Fraction, love Hellblazer and any old crazy Jack Kirby stuff. I also have infinite love for the works of Osamu Tezuka. This post was too long
clevisha - 27/05/2008 09:01 AM

Nice to see you all here!
@Doom: Robin Is Pawned?
@dadnarna : nice shirt mate!
@dob: what do you usually translate? novels?
mininim - 27/05/2008 10:36 AM

Olá, eu sou do Brazil,
junto com uma Tropa de Amigos, nós traduzimos para nosso idioma e disponibilizamos para todos os amantes das Comics em todo o território nacional.
Vida loga ao Kaskus!
Flazh - 27/05/2008 11:00 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By mininim
Olá, eu sou do Brazil,
junto com uma Tropa de Amigos, nós traduzimos para nosso idioma e disponibilizamos para todos os amantes das Comics em todo o território nacional.
Vida loga ao Kaskus!

English plz -_-'
Leggzy - 27/05/2008 01:53 PM

Hi all! I'm Paul from Michigan USA, but everybody calls me Leggzy, or Legz. \)

I actually joined last November, but due to some strange time warp, my account was just recently activated. Peace:

I'm sure sorry about the Marvel thing, and I'm glad Kaskus is overcoming the recent nastiness.

This is a nice place, and I'm glad to be aboard! \)
erlangshen - 27/05/2008 01:57 PM

welcome all! hope u like it here \)
dadnarna - 27/05/2008 08:59 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By headlessego
I was curious about this as well, because I originally ready Infinite Crisis first and didn't quite understand what was going on. Between Identity Crisis and Infinite, there was the Countdown issue, as well as 4 mini-series: The Rann-Thanagar War, Day of Vengeance, Villains United, and The OMAC Project. Arguably, The Return of Donna Troy should be thrown in there.
The OMAC Project has a Superman story, "Sacrifice," that is directly involved (in fact, the most important part is in here). Those issues are Superman #219, Action Comics #829, Adventures of Superman #642, and Wonder Woman #219. Wonder Woman's series is helpful to follow, for both Countdown to IC and Infinite. Also the Adam Strange: Planet Heist mini series is a lead-in to The Rann-Thanagar war, and is just generally really good.

The other series don't have any serious tie-ins I can think of that are necessary, except for maybe a few issues of Hawkman (can't remember which ones). There is a JLA storyline, Crisis of Conscience, that bridges between Identity and Infinite. Again, not sure of the issue numbers right now, as all those are stuck on my external hard drive that I need a new enclosure for.

And now, after all that: Hi, I'm Simon, and I'm from Mississippi in the US. A few years back I really only read Marvel, and then not a whole lot of it. Now I'd say I primarily read DC, and can thank comic scans for it (you here that industry? I'm buying more of your comics because of scans!).

Some of my favorite series right now are Action Comics, Green Lantern and GL Corps, Booster Gold Scalped, Casanova, Captain America, Uncanny X-Men, Nova, and Blue Beetle. Also Scott Pilgrim. I'll pretty much read anything written by Mike Carey or Matt Fraction, love Hellblazer and any old crazy Jack Kirby stuff. I also have infinite love for the works of Osamu Tezuka. This post was too long

Yeah, i already read those 4 mini series between Identity Crisis & Countdown To Infinite Crisis, but still i feel there are things missing when I read Infinite Crisis D

About comic scans, really my only reason i'm reading comic scans is tight budget D

I bought selected series only, the latest buys are Identity Crisis, Civil War+Front Lines 1&2+War Crimes, Spider-Man Back in Black. And judging how easy i jumped to follow the civil war story line, I'm considering to collect all the tie-ins (graphic novel), also waiting for "One More Day graphic Novel.

Cannot beat reading from the real paper i guess D
But if you have to buy all DC Crisis tie-ins, One Year Later, 52 & Countdown, just to cacth up the Final Crisis, I might invest on better internet connection Peace:
arjay19 - 28/05/2008 01:43 AM

Hi, I'm arjay, been here for a while but thought I'd introduce myself to the new guys, as erlang asked us to (and I do what he says - he's the boss).

29, married, australian currently living in Canada. Big fan of Brian K. Vaughn, Brubaker, Warren Ellis, Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison and I'll read pretty much anything. Generally a DC fan more than Marvel.

Currently re-reading Ex Machina and hanging out for Final Crisis to start.
pacman_anime - 28/05/2008 06:48 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Zechlin
I certainly don't pay for Rapidshare.

Megaupload is excellent because of their free premium hours (second best would be Mediafire). I can understand the Sendspace and Gigasize users (you get points for people downloading your files), but I don't think Rapidshare has such a program. (edit: nevermind that)

What everyone can do as an easy alternative to Rapidshare is use a link generator like http://rapidbush.kb33.com/ and then post the new link here, then two more of us would click on it and it will be open to all again.

Well, what about MiHD.net? It's totally free and the speeds are good.
Twin-Buster - 28/05/2008 11:53 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By arjay19
Hi, I'm arjay, been here for a while but thought I'd introduce myself to the new guys, as erlang asked us to (and I do what he says - he's the boss).

29, married, australian currently living in Canada. Big fan of Brian K. Vaughn, Brubaker, Warren Ellis, Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison and I'll read pretty much anything. Generally a DC fan more than Marvel.

Currently re-reading Ex Machina and hanging out for Final Crisis to start.

hi and welcome !

i thought u were an indian by ur name D

erlangshen ? he's not the boss ! our boss is mr.von doom.......and skrull...yes, skrull !

D
coldmail590 - 28/05/2008 02:56 PM

hi everyone, i've been lurking around here in the past but never really posted anything. i'm glad that kaskus is back!
Page 4 of 132 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›
Home > LOEKELOE > AMH > Western Comic > The Lounge