ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > What books have you read?
Total Views: 3214 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 7 of 9 | ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > 

ururunstrive - 22/03/2012 11:36 PM

An English book? Well.. Let's see..

Malcolm Gladwell >- Outliers.
John C. Maxwell >- 25 ways to win with people
The Philosophy (Forgot the author, this book is great by the way, it explain Philosophy in easy and fun way \) )

Btw, I'm new here.. Nice to meet you guys.. I hope we can get along D
ferret - 23/03/2012 09:13 AM

hi guys, why dont review the books you've read?
228 - 24/03/2012 08:53 PM

poor me, i read my college text book...
engineering life is so OMG D
goibsakti - 26/03/2012 04:29 PM

try Confession of economic hitman by John Perkinsilovekaskus
ibrand - 26/03/2012 06:10 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By goibsakti
try Confession of economic hitman by John Perkinsilovekaskus

I'v ever heard this book from my supervisor but little. Could you tell me what the interesting in it?
ibrand - 26/03/2012 06:11 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By 228
poor me, i read my college text book...
engineering life is so OMG D

nice, are you engineering student? what field of engineering?
ibrand - 26/03/2012 06:13 PM

but all, could you suggest me kind of book which good for learn english? is it serious like malcolm gladwell or just like ordinary novel?
orting29 - 02/04/2012 06:29 PM

School books :berbusas
fangzhibin - 16/04/2012 05:55 PM

hello all, nice to meet you here.

well, the last novel I read was "The Journey Home" (I forgot the author).
it was about a guy who traveled to other continent in order to work and search the meaning of his life after he lost his wife.
The book told us about how hard one life could be and it taught us not to give up hope and keep struggle.

and now I'm reading "Dining a dinner with devil"... LOL
cytotecku - 16/04/2012 06:48 PM

actually, reading is one of my weaknesses . . hammers

But now, I'm trying to finish Steven Gerrard Autobiography. .
KnightSmasher - 17/04/2012 08:39 AM

Why don't we provide both the reviews and the download links? If it's possible. Hehe D
empty_circle - 17/04/2012 10:43 AM

it's been a while for me not reading any english books..
SPIRITofLIGHT - 17/04/2012 11:43 PM

harry potter 6 - the half blood prince

dan brown - da vinci code
dan brown - the lost symbol
dan brown - deception poin
dan brown - angels n demons
dan brown - digital fortress (1/6)

stephenie meyer - midnight sun ( until 100...i stopped....cz too mahooo Peace: ..esp.when she told us about edward's body ...that sound very2 najiss )

takashi matsuoka - awan kastel burung gereja , samurai jembatan musim gugur

sun tzu - art of war
raditya dika's novel .....
and.......

and some fckng confusing accounting books

crooz1 - 19/04/2012 12:38 PM

currently reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and school books -_-
pitoex03 - 19/04/2012 01:46 PM
wooowwww.......
Hello guys, Im reading intermediate english grammar. Iam trying to fix my english malu
cytotecku - 19/04/2012 02:00 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By KnightSmasher
Why don't we provide both the reviews and the download links? If it's possible. Hehe D

Good Idea. . .

Most of my ebooks were downloaded from library.nu .

But, Because SOPA Policy, that site is changing now. . we can't download any books . hammers
KnightSmasher - 19/04/2012 09:47 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By cytotecku
Good Idea. . .

Most of my ebooks were downloaded from library.nu .

But, Because SOPA Policy, that site is changing now. . we can't download any books . hammers

If you look harder, there are one or two sites where you can download totally free legal ebooks.
daikirai - 19/04/2012 11:38 PM

I'm not a big fan of literary works though, as I read mostly translated mangas and technical books about IT, psychology, economics, and self-improvement, as well as cookbooks (well, sorry for my geeky interest lol), so may I recommend one good book about Economics?

Its title is "Please Send Money: A Financial Guide for Young Adults on Their Own". You may find the copy on Google, since the only links I found for this book are in Megaupload and as y'all know the web page was closed, thanks to the damn SOPA/PIPA act (PG-13 intended on this post for cursing, lol).

Sure, it's aimed towards young adults in America, with complete advice regarding tax and banking systems, credit score systems, student loans, and a ton of things that is inapplicable in Indonesia. But the general financial advices in this book is for everyone, and I think even adults in their 30-40s will still appreciate the advices. Then again, our culture and American culture is different though, so be sure to adapt those advices to our culture and systems. For example, chapter 8 "Mind over Money" and 10 "'Til Debt do us Part"'s contents are heavily based on American culture, so it may be difficult to fully adapt those here.

Nevertheless, with examples, real stories from real individuals who failed and actually learned the lessons, and a lot of forms that is actually useful to manage your finances, it's a good book for those who just started working (either part time or full time) or those who are struggling to repair their financial state. It works! (Well, at the very least, for me. And if it doesn't, at least your English vocab will grow after reading this book, lol)
rattri - 23/04/2012 02:00 PM

When I was in HS I read "Totto-chan: The Litle Girl at The Window" in Indonesian is "Totto-chan: Gadis Cilik di Jendela" that book is very touching for me.
What books have you read?
paraparadox - 23/04/2012 06:05 PM

i rarely read English book

but i read lot of translated visual novel
it really help to improve vocabulary D
Page 7 of 9 | ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > What books have you read?